The Poverty & Economic Development Section supports the study of the location, distribution and spatial organization of economic activities and how they impact the economic health of geographic areas. The section promotes the study of poverty and economic development and visualizes both economic needs and the humanitarian responses of mission agencies. The section promotes the study of economic geography in the following ways:
- Provide a forum for discussion, interaction and network between scholars and missional practitioners
- Sponsoring panel discussions at the annual EGIS conference
- Helping in the organization of conference panels as well as other events
- Serving as a venue for information-gathering of global economic data
- Maintaining an online presence for continual contact through the Portal@MU
Officers of the section are elected at the online EGIS annual meeting. An online elearning portal with video conferencing capabilities has been provided for the section on the eCampus of Missional University accessible to members through the Portal@MU link.
Section reports can be found in the EGIS Portal@MU